Thursday, August 25, 2011

We did it!

We made it to her first day of school without shedding a single tear!!!  The last few weeks Ryan has had major separation anxiety issues with leaving me.  This is the same child who has never in her whole life cared about going anywhere or staying with anyone.  So it's been really weird and hard on everyone!  I decided it was because she was with me all summer and the thought of being away in a new class with new friends just freaked her out.  We talked about it a ton and tried to get her okay with the idea.  She cried anytime we said the word "preschool" and held on to my leg the whole time at meet your teacher on Tuesday. When she got in the car afterwards she cried and said she didn't want to go to preschool.   Needless to say I was dreading this morning!!  She said she was nervous and wanted to bring her bunny Claire to hold if she got sad.  She walked right in and gave me a hug and said bye!  When I picked her up she said she had so much fun and loved school.  I asked her if she wanted to go back next week she said "of course!"

Posing before school

Posing so you could see her bag

Drew has no idea what's going on

Drew missed his sissy and insisted that she lay with him before his nap

Also Drew slept through the night in the big boy bed!  He woke up yelling mommy at 6:30 and was sitting on the ground looking for his bear.  I put him back in bed and he went right back to sleep.  He is asleep for his nap in it right now.  We are moving the crib out this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment